Thursday, February 14, 2013

Three Years to a bill (actually longer)

THREE YEARS after I started this blog, there is finally a bill to restore my rights in Ohio.  God it feels good.  So many people working so hard for so long - very excited.  I love what Adoption Equity Ohio (AEO) is doing with the effort.  Lots of good coverage in social media channels and plenty of places identified to help.  I'm including one of their banner images:
Adoption Equity Ohio - ROAR2013

Ways To Help
Tonight I saw the most concrete set of ways to contribute to the cause in a recent post/update from AEO.  Now that there's an actual bill, supporters can finally reference exactly what they need to put their voice behind: Senate Bill SB23 and House Bill HB61!  You can help by spreading the word of your support for this bill under these two numbers and legislators throughout the Ohio Legislature will know exactly what you want.

Among the things you can do, which are listed in the post by AEO (see bullet points), are:
  • Attend committee hearings
  • Write letters to the editors of local newspapers
  • Write legislators
  • Write your adoption agency
  • And even make financial contributions
Each of these things (except attending the committee hearings) can be done anytime and multiple times between now and when the bill becomes law - so, if you haven't done anything yet, it's not too late to act!

I'm so very excited  
I hope in my own small way I can help get the word out and ensure that people know I'm in favor of this bill to restore adoptee rights in Ohio.  It's taken three years since I started this blog to even get a chance at a bill, but it's been almost 20 since this area of law has actually changed - a reminder to me of how many people have been working for so long before me to correct this injustice.

Please, if you're reading this, click the link above, pick a task or two and take the action to help make this happen.

Please.

And thank you :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment